Potomac Pack: Recycled Kevlar
The Potomac Pack is a roll top style backpack designed for Ultralight backpacking and built to withstand your many adventures. As with all Olde Dog items, these packs will be made strictly in small batches, or made to order. Contact me at email@example.com if you care to discuss possible customization options.
The main Body is constructed from a 5 ounce (per square yard) Kevlar Sailcloth. This old school fabric was donated by a retired sailmaker who had a couple end rolls stored away for years. The unique fabric has a laminated inside layer of shiny Mylar plastic, making it waterproof. The exterior Kevlar has a rough and matted feel. Though this Kevlar Fabric is waterproof, the seams are not taped, so a pack cover is still recommended in rough weather.
The Shoulder straps are adjustable in Height on the back of the pack. An internal batten system has been added to this area for upright support. The Hip Belt features a small zipper pouch that is ideal size for your smart phone and your Olde Dog wallet. This pouch is removable with two clips, so you can choose to carry along just your essentials when not wearing your pack.
- Waterproof Kevlar sailcloth body
- 200 Denier oxford nylon pockets
- 1000 Denier pack nylon base reinforcement
- Adjustable Height and Length shoulder straps
- lifting straps on top of shoulder straps
- Large front zipper pocket
- Two side zipper pockets
- Eight small loops for attaching mesh bag or clips
- Two Bottom Straps for attaching sleeping pad, etc...
- Padded adjustable Hip Belt
- Sternum strap, with adjustable clip
- Hip zipper pouch - removable and adjustable
- 42 Liter capacity (Main Body = 33L; Front Pocket = 6L; Side Pockets = 3L)
- 30 x 12 x 6 (open / unrolled)
- 23 ounces (652 grams)